Terms and Conditions
- Entry is open to artists over 18 years of age.
- Entrants must be living, working or studying in the following suburbs: Acton, Ainslie, ANU, Braddon, Campbell, Civic, Dickson, Downer, Hackett, Lyneham, Mitchell, NewActon, North Lyneham, O’Connor, Reid, Turner, University of Canberra, Watson. Finalists may need to provide identification if requested.
- The entry fee is non-refundable and is $25 for one entry, or $45 for two entries. Entry fees include a copy of the Inner North Art Prize catalogue. Payment is made via PayPal in the entry form online. A receipt will be provided on successful payment for awards entry/s.
- Entrants may submit no more than TWO entries.
- All artists must authorise the Inner North Art Prize to publish their works free of copyright in all publications (catalogues, posters, flyers etc) related to the Prize, as well as on our website or on social media.
- All entries must be original and no more than 12 months old from the opening of the exhibition (12 October 2017).
- Entered artwork may not have been exhibited in any other competition executed within 12 months.
- Paintings, drawings, printed artwork and photographs, and sculptural works are acceptable. Installations, video, sound, projection or performance art do not qualify for entry.
- Maximum recommended size for works is 1.2m x 1.2m including frame. Sculptural works must fit within a 1 x 1m sq floor space.
- The work can be a multi-panel piece as long as the overall dimensions do not exceed the size limit above.
- All works for the exhibition must be submitted ready to hang with D ring hanging devices attached, and works on paper must be framed. Sculptural works must be free-standing.
- Each work must be labelled on the reverse with Artist Name, Title, Price (or NFS if not for sale), Year, and Medium.
- Entries will be judged on merit and assessed against the selection criteria for the Prize. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Selected finalists must be able to exhibit their artworks at The Front Gallery from 12th October – Sunday 29th October 2017.
- Finalists will be invited to sell their works at the gallery. The Front Gallery takes a 30% commission on any sales made at the exhibition.
- Shortlisted artists must deliver their work to The Front on Monday 9 October 2017.
- All entries are accepted, displayed and returned at the artist’s own risk. The Organisers will take all care but accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to the artworks for the duration of the exhibition.
- The Organisers reserve the right to have any entries reproduced for promotional purposes, with the artist credited.
- All unsold art works need to be collected on Monday 30th October 2017.